Getting a new mortgage for an Idaho First Time Home Buyer can be a little overwhelming with all of the important details, guidelines and potential speed bumps.
Since there are so many rules and steps to follow, here is a simple list of Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind throughout the mortgage approval process for Idaho first time home buyers:
Idaho First Time Home Buyer DO’s:
- Continue working at your current job
- Stay current on all your accounts
- Keep making your house or rent payments
- Keep your insurance payments current
- Continue to maintain your credit as usual
- Call us if you have any questions
Idaho First Time Home Buyer DONT’S
- Make any major purchases (Car, Boat, Jet Ski, Home Theater…)
- Apply for new credit
- Open new credit cards
- Transfer any balances from one credit or bank acct to another
- Pay off any charge-off accts or collections
- Take out furniture loans
- Close any credit cards
- Max out your credit cards
- Consolidate credit debt
Any number of minor changes could easily raise a red flag or cause a negative impact on a credit score that may result in a denied loan.
Most importantly, check with your Idaho loan officer on even the simplest questions to make sure your loan approval is successful.
Any questions you may have about being an Idaho First time home buyer please feel free to contact us.
Related Articles – Home Buying Process:
- Home Buying Process
- Assembling Your Home Buying Team – Knowing The Players
- Seven Things Your Agent Should Know About Your Mortgage Approval
- Important Factors To Consider When Getting Financing On A Foreclosure, Short Sale or New Construction
- Where Does My Earnest Money Go?
- HOA Hurdles to be Aware of When Looking at New Properties
- What You Need To Know About The Home Inspection Process