Boise Idaho FHA Mortgage Home Loan Programs
FHA mortgage programs have been a great benefit to Boise Idaho borrowers. There are four major loan programs associated with FHA mortgages. The programs available benefit idaho first time home buyers ranging to idaho senior citizens. There is literally an FHA loan program for nearly all who are looking to purchase or refinance a home.
While most people believe that the FHA lends money directly to borrowers, it actually just insures a certain type of loan that is financed by traditional banks and mortgage lenders.
Four of the most visible single family housing programs that FHA offers are, Section 203(b), Section 234(c), Section 203(k) and Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) – Reverse Mortgages.
FHA Loan Type Highlights:
- largest of FHA’s single family programs
- 1-4 unit properties are eligible
- flexible credit requirements
- 3.5% down payment allowed
- down payment may be a gift from specific sources
- provides mortgage insurance for individual condominium units
- credit, down payment and limits of 203(b) apply
- in 2010, condominium complexes must be approved through HRAP/DELRAP to be eligible for FHA insurance
- primary program for property rehabilitation
- encourages community and neighborhood revitalization
- only 1 mortgage loan is used for both the acquisition and the renovation
- 1-4 unit properties including condominiums are eligible; check with your lender for manufactured housing eligibility
- required improvements include cost effective energy conservation standards and smoke detectors
- consultancy may be required
- must be primary residence
HECM – Reverse Mortgages
- FHA was the first to promote reverse mortgages nationally
- allows access to equity in property with flexible terms
- lump sum, monthly payments, line of credit or a combination available
- limited to homeowners 62 years of age and older
FHA programs go beyond the scope of the previously listed programs. They offer a Streamline Refinance as well as a Streamline 203(k) for limited repairs. Also, recent legislation has helped FHA offer special programs with incentives to lenders for modifying and refinancing existing mortgages like with the “Making Home Affordable Program.”
When looking for a loan program to fit your specific needs, take a close look at FHA as their programs have become more attractive to both lenders and consumers.
With favorable loan terms, higher loan limits, 30 year fixed repayment terms and flexible down payment options, FHA will continue to encourage home ownership, provide liquidity and stability to the mortgage market.
If you have any FHA questions feel free to contact us.